Saturday 8 December 2012

Review: Maybeline Fit Me Foundation


Looking for foundation is something I absolutely dread. I'm very pale and don't have a massively prominent pink or yellow skin tone so I always struggle.
This combined with sensitive and acne prone skin and a constant fear of becoming an orange Essex girl makes foundation shopping slightly traumatic for me. I finally settled on the Revlon PhotoReady foundation. It has build-able coverage so is perfect for day and night, it's oil free which is great for my bad skin and it's fragrance free which really helps with my sensitive skin. There is one down side - the price. It retails at about £13 a bottle which is cheap compared to a lot of other foundations but for a drugstore make up brand and for someone who is a student that's quite a lot of money to pay out for make up. So I decided to try something a bit different. I found the new Fit Me foundation by Maybeline in Boots and decided to try it. The lightest shade my store offered was 115 but I have since found out that there is a 110 available in some stores. This foundation retails at £7.99 which I'd say is pretty reasonable for a foundation. I did a swatch with the tester in the shop and it looked fine so bought it all excited to try a new foundation. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed with this foundation. It doesn't seem build-able or particularly easy to work with once it hit skin. This shade was also far too dark for me and I ended up looking like I had a dirty face. Now, I know I said I'm pale but I'm really not THAT pale. I would normally try the lighter shade before reviewing but there is nothing about this product that makes me want to spend another £8 on it. I also wanted to mention that it smells very strange when you apply it! 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across

    on this subject. Basically Magnificent. I'm also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your hard work.
    Also see my web page > catralproperty.net

    ReplyDelete